Character Splendor with an Urban Lifestyle
- CHARACTER HOME (C. 1919) WITH MODERN UPGRADES
- ORIGINAL JARRAH FLOORING AND STAIRCASE
- 1148SQM LAND
- ON THE EDGE OF THE SWAN VALLEY
- VIEWING IS ESSENTIAL
Positioned only minutes from the Swan Valley and on the banks of the picturesque Swan River, welcome to 20 Ford Street, one of the most coveted properties in Woodbridge.
Originally built in 1919 for the Anderson Family, the current home sits on approximately 1148 square meters and is surrounded by lush established gardens. The original two-story brick and tile home has all the character features you would expect from a property of this vintage, including the original ornate ceilings, jarrah floorboards, wooden doors and windows as well as the magnificent jarrah staircase.
With 3-meter ceilings throughout, the home also has an open fireplace in the formal dining room as well as a gas fireplace in the formal living. The large kitchen with plenty of storage space has been tastefully refurbished, providing a supporting contrast between old and new within the home. Off the kitchen an additional family room has been added, which also has a wood fire.
The master bedroom is located on the ground floor and has beautiful French doors which open out onto a north facing courtyard. Upstairs consists of a bathroom and two bedrooms, with one of these rooms having an additional study space.
Outside you are treated to a lovely entertaining area, surrounded by lush gardens, which flow through to a secluded pool area.
You really do have the best of both worlds with this property. There is plenty of space to grow your own fruit and vegetables and you’re extremely close to public transport and all the amenities of an urban lifestyle as well as being walking distance to Guildford Grammar and Governor Stirling High School.
There is so much to love about this home, and we look forward to welcoming the new custodians to add their own piece of history to 20 Ford Street.
Features Include but not limited to:
- 3 bedrooms + study and 2 bathrooms
- Built in 1919
- 1148 sqm land
- Original 2 storey brick and tile
- Original jarrah floors and wooden doors and windows as wells magnificent jarrah staircase
- Fireplaces and French doors
- Original ornate ceilings in lounge/ entry and dining room
- High ceilings throughout (3 m)
- Refurbished kitchen bathrooms and laundry as well as 3 toilets
- Additional family room
- Timber doors and colonial windows
- Security system
- 4 split system aircons
- Gas fire in lounge
- Open fire in dining as well as gas bayonet Wood heater in family
- Swimming pool
- Lovely outdoor spaces including decking and paved areas as well as established gardens and lawn
- Double carport and parking for 6 + vehicles
- Original garage used as shed and studio
- Brick Garden Shed
- Bore reticulation
- Electric gate
- 200m walk to train station
- 200m walk to Swan River and the acres of open space and playgrounds of Woodbridge riverside Park
- Edge of the Swan valley
- Approx 800m to Guildford grammar and close to other schools
- Approx 1.5km to historic Guildford and various restaurants
- Approx. 1.5km drive to all medical facilities including the new Midland hospital as well as all the retail outlets
- Approx 16km to the City
- Approx 9km to airport